Last week, Nothing released the Android 14 stable version, the Nothing OS 2.5, to the Nothing Phone (2). While the last phone of the company received the stable version, the Nothing is now bringing the open beta of the new update. According to the release notes, the Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta brings several new features and improvements for the Nothing Phone (1). Here are the details about the Android 14 Open Beta update for Phone (1)…
Nothing OS 2.5 Android 14 Open Beta released for Nothing Phone (1)
Phone (1) is the first smartphone of Nothing, and now the company has decided to release the Android 14 update to its first device after the stable Nothing OS 2.5 update for the Nothing Phone (2). While the update for Phone (1) is now available in Open Beta, you can follow these ways if you would like to update your device to the latest version, but you should know that it is a beta version and you better back up your data before installing.
Here are the release notes:
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customisation page and improved the edit wallpaper flow for a more comprehensive view of options.
- New Atmosphere wallpaper effect: Transform your background photo into a dynamic wallpaper that brings motion to colours on your home screen. A seamless transition between your lock and home screens.
- Introduced solid colour wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
- Added a monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
- Customisable double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature. Just head to Settings > System > Gestures.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options like: Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, video camera.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe gesture.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- Pedometer Widget: Track your daily steps directly from your home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
- Media Player Widget: Displays the currently playing song. Control your music easily while on-the-move.
- Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your daily screen time to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle. Notes: To use these new widgets, please update your Nothing Launcher and Nothing Widgets app to the latest versions available on the Play Store.
- Added a new Glyph animation for when NFC is being used.
- Improved the experience of Flip to Glyph.
- Optimised the experience of the Weather app and improved the notification of weather alerts.
- Refreshed the back gesture arrow visual to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Updated Quick Settings layout and support to show more devices icons.
- Improved the stability of the camera.
- Enhanced overall system stability for a more reliable and smooth experience.